King Tides will return to Charleston in the coming days, so citizens are encouraged to be aware of local weather conditions and the possibility of flooding.
Rainfall is also forecasted this week, increasing the chances of flooded roadways in certain low-lying areas.
As little as 12 inches of rushing water can carry a small car away, so remember: “Turn Around Don’t Drown.”
High tides periods to be particularly aware of while traveling are:
- Wednesday, May 24, at 7:40 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25, at 8:34 p.m.
- Friday, May 26, at 9:26 p.m.
- Saturday, May 27, at 10:23 p.m., and
- Sunday, May 28, at 11:19 p.m.